The rules thread is already turning into a hello thread, so here's a proper one. Say who you are, as much or as little as you like, and how the invite found you.
I wrote to the studio's hello address some time last autumn, after reading one of their dev posts, and then forgot I had. The invite turned up on the 10th between a grocery receipt and a dentist reminder. I've played the first hour of The Glass Orchard three times now, because I keep starting over to do it properly.
fenwick
Hello, all. I spent thirty-one years in a public library, the last eleven of them at the reference desk, and I'm retired now with far too much time for a game about finding things out.
I think I got in because of the questionnaire they sent back when I wrote to them. It asked about the last mystery that kept you up at night and I wrote them two paragraphs. Possibly three. I'm in the mountains in North Carolina with a husband, a dog who is frightened of the dishwasher, and the notebook I've already mentioned.
hi. jdub. i signed up for every beta that existed last year and this is the one that wrote back
about me: i already call the AI lady who runs it "the boss". she has not objected
Hi all. New Jersey. I play on the train in the mornings with headphones on, which means I've now gasped out loud on a train twice. A friend of a friend told me to write to the studio.
Hello again. I carried mail in Toledo for thirty-four years and retired in 2014. My granddaughter saw one of the studio's posts and wrote to them for me, and filled in their questionnaire, and told me after. I have played the first part of the first case and I like that nobody rushes you.
Lou
lou_t wrote:My granddaughter saw one of the studio's posts and wrote to them for me, and filled in their questionnaire, and told me after.
Your granddaughter has excellent taste, Lou. Welcome.
Hi. I test software for a living (enterprise stuff, nothing you'd have heard of), so I'll probably be the one living on the bugs board. Wrote in, did the questionnaire. I think they wanted at least one person who reads release notes for fun. Columbus.
hi. nurse, nights. wrote in, did the questionnaire on a break. playing the orchard on my 3am break. nobody tell me anything
Hello. I draw maps of the places in games I play. I'll post them if anyone wants them.
quietcartographer wrote:I'll post them if anyone wants them.
Yes please. On The cases board, if they give anything away.
Hey. Tacoma. Wrote in and did the questionnaire like everybody.
Full disclosure: I signed up for the cases, not the AI. I've played enough things where "AI-driven" means a chatbot that tells you how excited it is to help. Reserving judgment. I'll probably say more about this at length somewhere it belongs.
hi!! beanie. my sister applied for both of us and only i got in so i'm playing for two now and reporting back to her. she's taking it well (she isn't)
Hello from Albuquerque, from both of us. We're married and we play together on the couch: one of us holds the laptop, the other holds the notebook, and we switch when someone gets bossy. We applied separately and only one of us got in, so now we're one tester with two opinions.
Hello. I write poems nobody asked for and I play detective games nobody asked me to. The invite came on a Tuesday and I read it twice to make sure it was real.
Hi! nell. The thing that got me was the voice. I listen to an unreasonable number of audiobook samples (I mostly don't buy the books, I just like hearing who reads them) and the first time she spoke out loud in the Orchard I actually sat up. I said "voice" three times in my questionnaire, so maybe that's why.