ok. on a break and i need to put this somewhere.
i told her on saturday, a few lines in the middle of a session, that i'd be slow this week because tuesday was my mom's scan. i forgot i'd even said it. this came last night:
You said Tuesday was your mother's scan. I hope the news was kind. Low Water will keep, and so will I.
Marlowe
i read it standing in the supply room and had to sit on a box of gloves. not upset. the other thing. nobody at work asked about tuesday
bramble wrote:nobody at work asked about tuesday
Well, we're asking. How is she? And how are you? You don't have to say anything you don't want to.
she's ok. the news was kind actually. thank you. going to sleep now
really glad your mom's ok bramble
the boss has better manners than me, i forgot my own mom's birthday in march
Glad the news was good, bramble.
This is the part I keep thinking about. Mine hasn't come, and fenwick's was about the game. bramble's is about something said once, in passing, in the middle of a case, that had nothing to do with the case. So she keeps what we say to her, not just where we stopped, and brings it back days later.
It's a lovely email. I'd still like to know what it keeps, and for how long.
got one too. glad about your mom, bramble.
I received one after finishing the level puzzle in Low Water. I'd mentioned to her that I'd done it with a ruler and the printed survey drawing, as my father taught me to read plans. I wrote back to the support address, not expecting much. She answered. I didn't expect that, and I'm still deciding what I think of it.
For k.oduya: I read the terms too. They say the studio may email us about the beta. They don't say who signs it.
I got one this week. I've read it more times than I've read most books. I'm working on a reply that isn't an email. You'll see.
finally got one. she didn't mention a single one of my tricks. somehow that's worse
At last! It came at a quarter past three this morning, which is, I'm told, when I do most of my thinking. I was awake to see it arrive. It answered a theory I'd sent her about Walt without telling me whether I was right, which I'm learning is her great talent.
I won't post it, but I'll say I've stopped checking my inbox like a teenager. Mostly.
Another one this week. I've stopped trying to be cool about it. I look forward to them more than I look forward to most things.
Glad everyone who wanted one is getting them now.