We need something for the nights we've agreed not to play Vestige (we've agreed this twice; it hasn't held either time). What's everyone reading or playing besides the Orchard?
We're doing a thousand-piece jigsaw of an old seed catalogue cover, which is apparently what happens to us in March. It's mostly cabbages. Some of the cabbages are very similar.
I'm rereading old mysteries, the kind with a floor plan of the house printed at the front and a list of the guests. I've loved a book with a map in it since I was nine. Most of them don't hold up, and I don't mind at all.
I read the newspaper every morning, the paper one, front to back, and then whatever the library is holding for me. Lately that has been westerns.
My wife read mysteries and I am working through her shelf, slowly. Some of them have her notes in the margins. She was usually right about who did it by page forty and she wrote that down too.
Lou
Reading nothing, playing nothing, shoveling. We got nine inches on Thursday. The lake's half frozen and on the really cold mornings it smokes. I'll read in April.
minnow wrote:We got nine inches on Thursday.
We got your storm a day later and a bit more of it. Same lake, same shovel. I'm reading a fat library book about lighthouses because there's nothing else to do.
Audiobooks, obviously, though mostly samples. I've got a list of about forty narrators I'd follow anywhere. Right now it's a long sea novel read by a man with a voice like a warm cellar. I don't care what happens in it. I just want him to keep going.
A roguelike I've died in about three hundred times. It's restful. Opposite of the Orchard: there's no right answer and nobody in it is nice to you.
Reading: a missing man's notebook, again.
Playing: a door.
fenwick
audiobooks on the drive home after shifts. only ones I've heard before, so it doesn't matter if I zone out at a light
Jigsaw finished. One piece missing, a cabbage, naturally. We've blamed the cat. The cat has made no statement.
A book of poems about a lighthouse keeper's wife, one a night before bed. mapleleaf_jen started me on lighthouses and now I can't stop.
A history of the ore boats on the Great Lakes, and the wrecks. I picked it up after Lake Corrin put drowned places on my mind. It's drier than it sounds, and it sounds dry. I'm enjoying it a great deal.
Replaying an old point-and-click I loved when I was twelve. It holds up worse than I'd hoped. The puzzles are mean in a way I didn't notice then, and nobody in it ever tells you you're close.
a book of shells. mostly pictures. good pictures.
I finished my wife's shelf last week. I have started again at the top.
Lou