Notebook loses entries when you switch cases

Reproduced three times tonight, sent to support as well.

Build: 0.4.2 (bottom of the settings panel). Desktop, two different browsers, same result in both.

Steps:

  1. Open The Glass Orchard. Add two or three entries to the notebook.
  2. Go back to the case screen and open the how-to-play walkthrough. (It's listed as a case, which is how I found this.)
  3. Go back to The Glass Orchard.

Expected: the notebook has the entries from step 1.

Actual: the notebook is as it was when you first opened the case this session. Anything added since is gone. Entries from earlier sessions are fine.

Closing and reopening the tab doesn't bring them back. Marlowe still remembers what you found, so it's only the notebook.

same. lost a page of notes on the board members around 4. said a word at the nurses' station I shouldn't have

Same here, laptop. I went back to the walkthrough to check how pinning works and lost my whole list of names.

I keep my notes on paper, so this has not happened to me. But thank you for writing it up so clearly. I could follow it and I am no expert.

Lou

Workaround until it's fixed: reload the page before you leave a case. Whatever's in the notebook when you reload is kept. It's switching without a reload that drops them.

Same bug, and the reload works. Thank you.

Support wrote back yesterday, thanked me for the steps, and said the fix was going out in a patch this week. It went out this afternoon.

Confirmed fixed on 0.4.3: ran the steps three times, entries stayed every time. You can stop reloading.

‹ Back to Bugs and feedback