Next case?

Good afternoon. I finished The Night Porter on Saturday. I know most of you were through it in August. I went slowly, as I do, and I am glad of it, because the last part is not something I would have wanted to hurry.

So I am caught up for the first time since February. Has anyone heard when the next case is coming? I looked at the studio's website and the newest thing there is still the post about the beta from February. I don't mind waiting. I would only like to know whether to start a jigsaw puzzle in the meantime.

Lou

Congratulations Lou! We were wondering the same thing at dinner. Jo thinks they're writing a big one and that's why it's quiet. Tomas thinks they're fixing the notebook for the fortieth time.

We went back and replayed the first night of The Glass Orchard to see if we'd be faster knowing everything. We were not faster.

Nobody told us anything before Low Water or The Night Porter either. Each one was just on the board one evening. I'd expect the same this time. Three cases in seven months from a team of two is already a lot, so I'm not reading anything into a quiet month.

My guess is October.

Nothing to do on my breaks now. Started the porter over just to hear her read the key ledger again.

Lou, I'd start the jigsaw. Something with a lot of sky.

I asked her in the game last week whether there was another case coming, and she declined to say, very nicely, in that way she has where you don't feel told off for asking. So I think k.oduya is right and it'll just be there one evening.

She still writes to me now and then, outside the game. Nothing about a new case, before anyone asks. Just a line or two. I find I look forward to them more than I'd admit to my husband.

marguerite_s wrote:

She still writes to me now and then

nothing from the boss over here. i assume i've been fired. i assume it was for the poem i tried to write after aubade's

We got one this week too, so she's still out there writing. jdub you've just been demoted to casual.

Thank you all. I took marguerite_s's advice. It is a lighthouse, 1,000 pieces, mostly sky. My granddaughter says it is the same as a case only slower. I will check back here now and then, and I will let you know if anything turns up on my board before it turns up on yours, which seems unlikely.

Lou

‹ Back to General