What would you change before launch?

We were making a list over breakfast and it got long enough that we thought we'd make it everyone's. We fill in the studio's feedback form at the end of every case, but half of this only occurred to us afterwards.

Ours:

  1. Let two people play the same case together. We play on one laptop on one account, so as far as the game's concerned there's one of us. She worked out in March that there are two, and she's very polite about the second voice in the room, but it would be nice to be real.
  2. A way to put two pieces of evidence side by side instead of flipping back and forth.
  3. Bigger text. (J's request. T disputes it.)

What's yours? And while we're at it: when do we think it actually comes out?

In priority order, as already sent to support:

  1. Search in the notebook. Mine's over three hundred entries.
  2. Export the notebook.
  3. Some sign that your progress has saved. See the thread from March; people still ask.
  4. The switchboard timing bug in the third case (details on the cases board).
  5. Tell us before we start that a case comes in parts, so nobody sits refreshing the hub for a week.

a button that makes the boss say "great job" when i'm wrong. i know she won't. i've asked

I'd change less than I would have in March. The openings are slow: the first twenty minutes of every case is reading. Give us something to do with our hands sooner.

I wouldn't touch her.

Larger text, as J says. And a way to make the spoken lines a little slower, for those of us whose ears are not what they were.

I would not change Marlowe.

Lou

Let us draw on the floor plans in the game. Then I'd stop posting mine.

quietcartographer wrote:

Then I'd stop posting mine.

You'd have a riot on your hands.

Mine: let us go back into a finished case. Not to solve it again, just to walk around. I'd like to sit in the Glass Orchard on a winter evening without anything being at stake.

More of her out loud. The voiced lines are the best thing in it and there are maybe a dozen a case. Even just the openings.

Also, whoever did the sound in the Carrow lobby: the clock tick is perfect. Don't touch it.

A pause that actually pauses on my phone. I get called away mid-scene and come back half an hour later to a timed-out session.

Let me lose. Properly. In every case I've played you can't fail, you just take longer. Give me one case I can get wrong and stay wrong, and the right answer would mean something.

On launch, I'd guess spring. Three cases in six months, each two or three months long, and a launch would want more than three.

I'd also guess these three don't ship. They feel as though they were written for us.

Late to this, but: a way to tell her you're stopping for the night that doesn't feel like hanging up on someone. I always feel rude.

Finished part three last night (no spoilers here, it's on the other board). Has anyone heard anything about a fourth case? J thinks the quiet means they're getting ready to launch. T thinks it means Tess is writing.

If it counts as feedback: I'd pay for it. Whatever it costs.

fourth case: the boss investigates us. the culprit is marguerite's notebook

‹ Back to General