Who voiced her?

Okay, I've held this in since February. Does anyone know who does her voice?

It isn't in the credits, because there are no credits. It isn't on the studio's site. I've listened to more audiobook samples than I'd like to admit, trying to catch it. I got close twice, and neither was her. Whoever it is reads the way good narrators do, where you stop hearing the reading and just hear the person.

I'm not trying to find anyone's house. I'd just like to know whose voice I've been listening to four nights a week.

pretty sure i heard her in a car insurance ad before a podcast. same voice saying something about bundling. i almost dropped my phone

could have been someone who sounds like her. could have been the boss moonlighting

I asked her, a while ago, mostly to see what she'd say. She said, "An actor recorded the lines my voice was made from." That was all. I asked who, and she wouldn't name them.

I thought it was rather a graceful way of putting it.

Tess has an old post on her blog about the recording days. Three days in a booth, from last spring. She doesn't name them either. Says they asked her not to.

bramble wrote:

Says they asked her not to.

Oh. Okay. I didn't know that. That changes it a bit.

I wrote to the hello address back in March with a few questions about the beta, and asked this among them, the way you'd ask about a band. Tess answered the others at length. To this one she wrote only: "Sam, a working VO actor here in Minnesota, who'd rather stay out of it."

I took that as the whole answer, and I'd suggest we all do.

sam from the car insurance ad. mystery solved. case closed. i want the hint points

For what it's worth, I'd want the same in their shoes. You spend three days in a booth for a job and come out as the voice of something forty people talk to every night.

They asked not to be named. The studio's respected that, she's respected that, and now we know a first name we didn't need. Let's leave them alone.

Agreed. Thanks, everyone. I'm going to go back to just enjoying the voice.

‹ Back to Marlowe