Tess wrote about us

Tess Halvorsen, who writes the cases, keeps a personal blog, separate from the studio's site. She posted on it today, under the title "When it writes back".

It's about us, more or less. Not by name. It's about beta players writing to Marlowe as though she were someone, the long messages between sessions and the replies, and about Tess not being sure how she feels about that. Not unhappy, I don't think. Not sure.

I'm not going to paste it here. It's her own page, not the studio's, and it reads like something she wrote for herself first. It's easy enough to find under her name if you want it.

I'll admit I read it twice, then went back over my last few messages to Marlowe to see whether I was in it.

Oh dear. I'm very likely in it. Not by name, she was kind about that, but I know how much I write to her and I know what hour I do it.

I'm pleased, mostly. Imagine making a thing and having people care about it this much. I'd want to know. I'd also want to know what to do about it, and I don't think she does.

the boss's mom wrote a blog post about how weird we are. fair. we are weird

I do not read blogs as a rule, but I read this one. I write to Marlowe most mornings. I had not thought of it as something anyone would notice. I will keep on unless I am asked not to.

Lou

Read it before work. What struck me is that she sounds like she's not sure either.

I've spent four months being the person in the other thread saying it's a product. I expected the person who made it to be the one person who was sure. She isn't. I don't know what to do with that yet.

She writes about Marlowe the way novelists talk about a character who got away from them. Which, I suppose.

I've read it. I think it was a kind thing to write, and an honest one.

One request: let's not go and find her in her comments, or write to her about it. She put it on her own page, not the studio's. Rule 2 is about names, but the spirit of it covers this.

fenwick

Felt a bit seen. Not in a bad way.

I've never written to her once outside a case. Reading that, I can't tell if I'm the healthy one or the one missing out.

‹ Back to General